Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rick Perry Makes Joseph Farah Feel Unclean

Found this out via Vox Day, that Joseph Farah had been supporting Rick Perry because he actually bought into all that social conservative jive that Perry has been pushing. But come to find out, Rick Perry is A-OK with queer marriage in NY according to his remarks at another one of our hallmark nonprofit elite institutions, the Aspen Institute.
"Our friends in New York six weeks ago passed a statute that said marriage can be between two people of the same sex," explained Perry. "And you know what? That's New York, and that's their business, and that's fine with me. That is their call. If you believe in the 10th Amendment, stay out of their business."--Rick Perry
Joseph Farah argues that if we can't get together on what marriage is, all is lost. I would contend that the government has no business saying who's married and not, the proof is in the pudding - does the marriage produce fruit? That was the old-fashioned way of looking at it. Newsflash: Fruits can't produce fruit.

Government got into the marriage business when the collectivist/progressives hijacked our country and wanted to micro-manage our lives. The only benefit to marriage to the secularists that run things is that it gives you tax advantages. If there were not a communist progressive tax system in our country, I doubt queers would be so gung-ho to get married.


Anyhoo, Vox predicts that Rick Perry will be the second coming of Fred Thompson, who you'll recall was hyped a lot in this stage of the game. Farah concludes his honest and humble column by saying:


Evidently I was fooled by Rick Perry.
I freely admit it.
I feel unclean for the nice things I have said about him to date.
Forgive me.
It's ok, Joe, better figure this out now than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails