Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, July 22, 2010

San Francisco Cops take on Mom Pushing Baby Stroller - Slams Her Head into Pavement

We don't see how this arrest begins, it just starts with this mother on her knees yelling F You. (If I were being treated the same, I'd probably use every word in my vocabulary also.) Her baby stroller is visible about 3 feet away. The cops cuff her and try to push her into the police car. As any mother would, she resists while yelling, "my baby is on the street!" The cop does some sort of judo kick and she goes head first into the pavement while cuffed, so she could not break her fall. It would seemed that they knocked her completely unconscious. The heartbreaking part is hearing the little baby cry all through this video. The cops seem not to care that it is unprotected on the sidewalk of a major city.

I don't know why she was arrested, but unless she had a loaded gun in the bottom of her stroller, or was pushing her stroller with one hand and brandishing a weapon with the other, I don't see why this amount of force was used. If she was wanted on drugs, then fine, tell her she'll have to come to the station and wait for someone to come for the baby. Or better yet, arrest her at her home.

We see now why police departments are hostile to videotaping of their work, and why the internet is the enemy of those seeking more and more control.

Update: Found a news story with just a few more details. According to the article, she was a suspect in an drunken assault. I don't know if that happened shortly before her arrest, but I do know that the most dangerous place to be is between a mom and her child. Doesn't matter if the mom is drunken whorey waste of skin, if they had told her that her baby would be ok and maybe even taken it along, it may have diffused the situation. If I had been in the same situation, without drinking or drugs, I would have resisted as well, it's just instinct. The officer that kicked her cuffed on the asphalt has been reassigned to non-patrol duties.

Update: "The woman, a 40-year-old San Francisco resident, was booked on suspicion of elder abuse, child endangerment, resisting arrest and assaulting a responding paramedic, police said. Her name was not released."
Notice that the article stated she was a suspect in an assault, but she was not charged with assault. Notice also that the last two charges stem from the cops arresting her for the assault that she's not being charged with. If they're saying she was drunken around the baby and calling that child endangerment, that one thing, but if they're calling leaving a baby unattended on a sidewalk  child endangerment, that's a mockery of justice. Can you be charged with suspicion now? Either you committed elder abuse or not - hey, maybe that was the assault they're accusing her of. One thing is sure, this situation spiraled out of control.





Update: Here's another case of police officers outnumbering and attacking a citizen without due process:



Isn't it funny how there's always "more to the story" that us common folk don't know. It's like Yuri Bezmenov says, "to change the perception of reality of every American to such an extent that despite the abundance of information, no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their country."

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd like to learn more about this one. Like what happened to her, because she was obviously knocked out cold. Brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to one article she bit the paramedic while in the ambulance, so she's alive. Which is what I would do too, if I knew my baby was left alone on the sidewalk, or worse in the care of this asshole cop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the police were wondering if they killed her. I didn't see either cop keeping an eye on the baby. Someone could have run off with it and they wouldn't have noticed.

    I don't understand elder abuse. Did someone report her for manhandling an elderly person? It seems to me that she wasn't too interested in the baby until they tried to put her in the police car. Maybe I missed it, but I only heard her mention the baby once. I would like to feel her real worry was the baby, but I'm not sure.

    Yes I would also like to know more too. You know, it's not a simple thing to knock someone out cold. Could be a lot of complications - especially like lawsuits:-)

    The cameraman "upstairs" did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails