Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Adrienne Needs Help

Apparently, the Catholics of the blog-o-sphere are having some sort of contest to see who is the most awesome or average or something. So vote here, vote now. This is an election that we can win!
Vote for Adrienne's Corner, got that? Adrienne's Corner under the best political blog category.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Wow!!! Thanks so much. Last I checked I was only ONE vote behind American Catholic.

    It's important to be recognized as just average, doncha know.

    Tomorrow is the last day to vote.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that "average" stuff doesn't come with any weird self-flagellation medieval humility rituals or anything.

    We'll show The American Catholic who's the most average of all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails