Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bachmann Campaign Chair Defects to Paul

According to Politico:


In a shock announcement Wednesday night, Iowa state senator and onetime Michele Bachmann campaign leader Kent Sorenson declared that he is now supporting Ron Paul for president.
 Sorenson made the announcement at a Paul rally with veterans here in Des Moines, telling the crowd: "I believe we're at a turning point in this campaign."
  Calling the decision to abandon Bachmann a painful one, Sorenson said he felt obligated to join Paul as the "Republican establishment" tries to undermine his campaign.
  "I thought it was my duty to come to his aid, just like he came to my aid during my Senate race, which was a very nasty race," Sorenson said, pledging to go all-out for Paul over the next few days.
  To cheers from the crowd, he continued: "We're going to take Ron Paul all the way to the White House."

You know what this means, the Paulnet has become aware. That's right people, there's a lot more of us out there than the mainstream/ bought-off-conservative media is telling you.

Our votes are legitimate! Anyone saying otherwise undermines the democratic process.
Update: Michelle Bachmann calls Sorenson a sell-out.
Update #2: Bachmann's Iowa Political Director says this is not true:
“I won’t say much about the situation or the conflicting statements beyond this; I can say unequivocally that Kent Sorenson’s decision was, in no way financially motivated. His decision had more to do with the fact that the Ron Paul supporters have been something of a family to him since he was first elected in 2008 and here in the end, as it becomes more and more apparent that the caucus cycle is coming to an end, Kent believed that he needed to be with them as they stand on the cusp of a potential caucus upset. While I personally disagree with Kent’s decision, and plan to stay with Michele Bachmann because I truly believe in her, I cannot, in good conscious watch a good man like Kent Sorenson be attacked as a 'sell-out' ….That is simply not the case, and it was not the basis of his decision,” said Mr. Enos.

Update #3: More dish:

What does Sorensen say? MSNBC reports:
In a follow-up interview, Sorenson categorically denied having received any offer of compensation by Paul's campaign.
Listen, that's absurd. Like I said before, people on this campaign supported me in my race. They worked tirelessly for me. They stuffed envelopes, they door knocked for me," he said. "I feel like I'm coming home to them.
What does Jesse Benton say? Politico reports:
Paul campaign chair Jesse Benton flatly denied that they were paying Sorenson.
"No, she doesn't have a clue," Benton told POLITICO.
Asked why Bachmann would make such an accusation, Benton shot back: "Because she just lost her campaign chairman and her campaign is floundering."

Lesson: Never, ever trust a lawyer. We've got enough lawyers in this country.

Update #4: Michelle Doubles Down on Delusion:
Bachmann said that from her bus tour through the state – she will have visited all 99 counties by the end of today -- she senses that “hundreds of thousands” of people are flipping their support from Paul to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails