Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Libertarian Laughter

From the Dollar Vigilante, which has some pretty cool stuff if you have time.



Ain't it the truth!
I've been called a doper, an anarchist, etc. since pulling for my man Paul. Truth is, I've never drunk a beer or smoked a cigarette in my life. I think that a nation's laws should be grounded in God's law. I think that our troops are precious and should not be put in harm's way unless it is necessary for the defense of America as defined by the center of the North American continent, rich with natural resources. I think that if American troops are deployed, they should have finite objectives so the general public can follow along to ensure that those objectives are being met and our representatives can be held to account. I know, I'm just INSANE that way....

By the way, yesterday, I came across this little gem in Isaiah 29, right after the potter and the clay bit:

And the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. 20 For the ruthless will come to an end and the scorner will be finished, Indeed all who are intent on doing evil will be cut off; 21 Who cause a person to be indicted by a word, And ensnare him who adjudicates at the gate, And defraud the one in the right with meaningless arguments.


This NASB version uses the word adjudicates, which paints a picture to me of these lobbyist goons who write up regulation on the fly to shut down some area of our economy to ensnare the average person who just wants to do their thing. And defraud with meaningless arguments. I love it! That's what 90% of what the newscycle consists of: the reporting of meaningless arguments. The Devil will do anything to keep people destracted while he builds his technocratically run society full of restrictions and regulations. Enjoy it while it lasts, Scratch, for Isaiah has a little prophecy about your doom:



12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
 16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
 17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? 

I know the title of this post is Libertarian Laughter, gee whiz, how did I get here? Well thinking on the Lucifer hanging out in sides of the pit makes me laugh -

2 comments:

  1. Well, I've had lots of beers, and more cigarettes than I would like to try to count (10 years at .5 to 2 packs a day! Eeep!), and that's just the legal stuff I did. I didn't become a libertarian until I cleaned up my act, though. ;-) Liberty doesn't have a darn thing to do with the libertine lifestyle so many envision. It has to do with letting those who live those lifestyles alone to discover the consequences all by themselves, which beats what our current system is doing for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big daddy type of government can never change the heart, can it? That's what God is jealous for, the hearts of men. Behavior truly changes from the inside out. Yes, you can manipulate people into acting a certain ways, but it doesn't hold like true personal conviction.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails