Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, February 5, 2012

This is the Day

that the Lord has made.

How do you keep from getting down? Remind yourself that the Earth is the Lord's and all the fullness therein. Note that the Scroll mentioned in Revelation is the title deed for the Earth. Who is worthy to open the scroll? No one but Jesus.

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. I used to wish to travel the world, but have decided to wait. I'm going to let Jesus clean it up first, no TSA will exist, and travel will surely be more interesting. The Bible says the lions and lambs will exist together and the little child will play on a cocatrice den. Figurative language, literal, or maybe both. I plan on trying it out.

My goal in life now is maybe getting a corner office in New Jerusalem, or maybe reigning with him "out in the field".  I know one thing, this old world is rapidly heading toward the final conclusion, and you better make your "calling and election sure". Check out my "Are You Going to Heaven?" link in the upper left for some hard - core - no wishy washy pansy talk on making sure that your soul is securely sealed in the Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails