Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ben Swann: Homeschooled Super-Star

This guy is really amazing: same age as me with as many kids as me: five. He's a journalist, no really, a real, true blue journalist that investigates stuff. Broadcasting from Fox 19 in Cincinnatti, this guy is single-handedly doing what the multi-billion dollar media refuses to do - get to the bottom of the controversies.

Stories he's broke:
He finished high school at 11, got his bachelor's from Brigham Young at 14, got his master's in history at 16. What have you accomplished lately? Making me feel kind of negligent over here. Apparently, BYU has a great correspondence college program, which is why his mother selected that school. Looks like I need to get some tips from that lady, huh?

Here's just a sample:

4 comments:

  1. Maybe 0.001% of young people know what's going on.

    I talk to them all the time. They don't care. They can't be bothered. But they vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, a lot of them don't, statistically. I know the types of which you speak. In fact if one of them asked me where the voting location was, I'd be like "in that little building behind the McDonalds" hee hee.

      But some of them are clueless like you say, and they ask me who to vote for, so I clue them right into what's going on. They get that "oh crap" scared look in their eye as I dole out details, dates, etc. and ask again, "So who should I vote for?" and I just write it down for them. Maybe it should be on their shoe..

      Delete
    2. Look forward to visiting that site.
      It gets very tiring being part of the "tireless" minority, doesn't it? (sigh)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I bet your pretty bummed after they cancelled the Judge...

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails