Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Must. Sew. More Doll Clothes..

So my little girl (the littler  middle of the two make that three girls) wants doll clothes for Christmas. And she specifically said she doesn't want "made in China" doll clothes because they tear up. I told her that Santa could put in specifically for an American contractor to do the work. Well I've got three more little dresses to go, the kind that fit on the 4" dolls, which mean some pretty tight sewing. It took the entire length of the movie Shaolin last night to make one.  Note to self: don't try to sew with a movie with subtitles.

I'm just really, really tired of American movies. I've seen them all and their variations. So anyway, maybe I'll look for a dubbed Indian movie, I should be able to get three little dresses sewn during one of them right?

By the way, I've found this great site for patterns, Miss B Couture, the one with the train was the easiest to do by far.                                                           -------->

So today we must clean up, for Santa will not leave presents at a house that already has so many toys everywhere.

Oh and I heard something about certain people not getting their names on ballots in the the state where most politicians live  -Virginia. Ironic, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys,

    Thanks for providing these useful tips over here. These doll clothes are so beautiful, which is highly popular and are in demand by doll throughout the World. Now a days it is very popular for its good quality...

    18 Doll Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails