Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, December 30, 2011

Moralist vs. Moral


Listen up Christians, if you want to spread Christianity, do the following:
  •  use what God gave you to make more Christians if you get what I mean. 
  • take your child out of the government schools which proselytize secular humanism.
  • act like Jesus - He never went nuts on the plethora of sinners around him - he always kept his cool, unless of course, you were a money changer
  • be apart of a Bible-believing church. These can be hard to find these days. Avoid the squish of a National Council of Churches affiliated denomination.
  • Pray and give to charities that work in places where the Gospel is suppressed. The more closed off a country is, whether by the tyrants choice or US Sanctions, the Gospel is harder to get in. 
  • Be well studied and ready to give an account of your faith.

I can say that through this whole freedom movement thing, I've had a chance to share my faith with nonbelievers. It amazes me how they are the ones who always bring up the religious angles on things. It's as if their soul cries out to be witnessed to. A true, mature Christian has peace in the truth and doesn't get rattled when confronted with evil, such as the bestiality in the National Defense Authorization Act by the Republican-controlled Congress. It's all part of Satan's perversion.

Compare/Contrast
"Don’t give me this idea — I hear this: ‘Oh, you’re a moralist. You’re trying to impose your values.’ Everybody’s trying to impose their values. That’s what America’s about."
-Rick Santorum, in a speech yesterday [source]
"Nobody has a right to impose their values on anyone else."
-Ron Paul [source]
"If we guarantee your liberty as an individual, that means you have civil rights to live your lifestyle. You actually can do things that I might disapprove of. But I'm very tolerent. As a libertarian, I say "Well, I might not endorse your lifestyle -- you might smoke some things and drink some things and eat some things and act certain ways that I totally abhor -- but as long as you don't hurt anyone else, I'm not gonna bother you."
-Ron Paul, 1988 [source]

3 comments:

  1. America is about everybody trying to impose their values?? Oh, my. Rick Santorum is a little confused. I thought America was about freedom to follow your own God. We all have our gods. Even those of us who prefer to call them "values" and pretend we find them within ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea what she said--their gods--there are gods for everything on earth, cloaked as any soundbite synonym and good purpose (save the whales/save the earth-gaea; statute on the courthouse Lady Justice-Athena/gaea),liberal idealism.
    While your at it there needs to be some scrutiny of the Church Charter. If there is not a clause that forbids secret societies-then run from that church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to get hot in this election :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails