Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peace on Earth

That's a sure thing. You can bank on it, because it WILL happen. Why?

10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
 12For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:10-12

I'm not a dominionist that believes that God will  allow Christianity to rise and take over the Earth. To the contrary, the Bible is clear that there will be a "falling away" prior to the Second Coming. God always uses a remnant to make His point, whether its Noah, Lot, or the mocked prophets living inside an idolatrous Israel. He seems to wait for the unrighteous to reach a certain point, and then decides when He's had enough. When people ask, if God is real, then why do bad things happen, they don't understand the question.

If God is totally righteous and holy, then why should He allow one of us worms another breath? None of us will get what we truly deserve. But, praise God, because we were made in His image and are the work of His hands we know that:

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Christmas is about God sending His Son into the world to minister to us, and ultimately to drink that cup of wrath our fallen race truly deserved. Jesus held Himself up and took our punishment so that we might be saved. I don't know about you, but looking around our world today, makes me look at Salvation in a different light. I see that the world is more wicked than my naive little mind had ever imagined it. This makes me cherish salvation more than ever. He said to "fear not" more than anything else, and who am I to question the Prince of Peace and Lord of All? This removes any fear I have about where things are headed because I know that the Word has already been spoken and it will not return to Him void.

I don't know about you, but I'm filled with joy and ready to see the hills break forth into singing and the trees clap with praise. That will be a real sight!


 So I'll leave you with my all-time favorite Christmas song, Jesus, You are Him by the Ruppes:
This is the only decent performance I could find,



3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, RM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your Christmas be filled with peace and love. Thank you for all your hard work during the year.

    Lovely song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you Christmas was a happy one, and best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails