Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, November 9, 2012

Ron Paul: Over the Cliff



Bonus Paul insight via USA Today:
 "Paul took his message to campuses such as the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Texas at Austin -- both located in liberal hotbeds -- during this year's campaign. He drew thousands of people to the Berkeley and Austin events. As for why he's leaving the U.S. House, Paul said, "I think people had enough of me. I do not have much confidence in the political system and never did."

2 comments:

  1. Well, over sixty millon of our compatriots do have faith in government. Isn't that sad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them do and some of them might be Diebold-bots. Remember we don't have the print-out match up like you've got down there. That's really ironic to me.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails