Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ron Paul Takes it all Back to the Bible

Here is the Ron Paul speech at the Values Voter Summit, whose straw poll he also won. He takes all of the issues in our country and runs it through God's Word. I think it's a powerful speech that makes a distinction between doing what's right and being made to do what's right.



Part 2:


Do you want liberty, or do you long for a king? I love how he is the only candidate that lists homeschooling as an issue on his website. Ronald Reagan not following through on his promise to repeal the Department of Education is a major factor in Ron Paul leaving the Republican party 25 years ago. You can pass all the laws you want, if the morality doesn't change, you won't have an impact. Morality is taught in the family, not the government. Outstanding.

5 comments:

  1. Yes Ma'am. Repeal oblabbercare, then the Dept of Ed, then the EPA would do incredible things to put a smile on my face.

    For anyone who hasn't read my comment: Unless we start repealing the less than useless liberal departments and programs, you can do anything else and not accomplish anything. The Dems will be back in power again, and just pick up where they left off like they've been doing since 1964 LBJ. ie. Gag me with talk of fiscal responsibility or screwing around with taxes already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my fantasies, just about everything from the year 1913 is repealed. I get giddy at the thought of what would happen if that amount of liberty is unleashed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to work up a post where I illustrate the difference in lost liberties -as a main focus- between just 40 years ago and now, and it's a task.

    Heck, I'd get giddy if the majority even understood what's been lost between 1913 and today..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out this post:
    http://therepublicanmother.blogspot.com/2010/07/repeal-it-all-definitive-list.html

    I spent a week on it and because the kids were at grandma's I forgot to register them with the umbrella school. I had to pay a $25 late fee. So this is the post that cost be $25 dollars to write it as it was so engrossing, it caused me to "blank out".

    Anyway, it might be helpful in your writing. However a lot has been lost that isn't in the law, like you could ride your bike all over town without worrying about pervs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks RM. Well, you apparently took the intelligent - all information included - approach to this. :)

    Great post. Thanks. I don't know what I could add to that. If I continue, I'll go from the angle of your last sentence. We did ride our bikes all over creation and not a care in the world about being kidnapped or molested.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails