Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Future Awaits

The dream of the social engineers and collectivists of all stripes is a well-ordered society where everyone is working for the good of everyone else. Only problem is that this goes against human nature. Here's a clip from that surreal TV show, The Prisoner, where a man is entrapped in a comfortable seaside "Village" where his every need will be met if he just submits.

For the believer of the Lord Jesus, our future is already waiting for us. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my "Are you going to heaven?" video in the upper left. Jesus said, "Fear not, I have overcome the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails