Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, May 21, 2010

Don't Wait Until November to Take Action - Part 2: Cancel Your Subscriptions


The Mainstream Media is selling a horrible product. Thanks to the new media, we are no longer a captive audience. So if you still are subscribing to a newspaper, stop it this instant! Don't pay people to cut and paste what the AP wires them and call it news. You probably have a ton of corruption going on in your local area and no press coverage. Why? Because they're all on the take.

I absolutely love it when my local paper tries to make a sales pitch on me. The look on their faces when I tell them with how much force their paper sucks, how it is unfit for emergency TP, how I don't give a crap about the latest wine trends - well, the look is priceless. My biggest beef is the documented misuse of public funds by our local county government and the local paper only reports on it when it is no longer news, but a gigantic elephant in the proverbial room.

Imagine a world where the New York Times and Washington Post columnists join the ranks of the unemployed. Make it happen one liberal newspaper subscription at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails