That's right, you can't commit crimes if you're locked in a gulag or were executed in a ditch. That kind of enforcement truly does reduce crime. For example, look at what is done by SWAT teams in the name of drug crime enforcement.THE SECOND LEVEL OF DEMORALIZATION: STRUCTURES
There is a Russian proverb which says: “The sly head gives no rest to the arms.” Let us see what Communist subversion does to your “arms”-- the socio / political/economical STRUCTURES of America. The areas of application for demoralizing American structures are: 1. Judicial and Law-enforcement system; 2. Public organizations and institutions dealing with RELATIONS between individuals, groups and classes of the society; 3. Security and defense organs; 4. Internal political parties and groups; 5. Foreign policy formulating bodies both governmental and non-governmental (“think-tanks,” academia, “sovietology advisors” etc.)
In the area of “Law and Order,” the method of demoralization is to promote and enforce the prevalence of the “legalistic” approach over the “moral” one. Several generations of American lawyers and law-makers, graduating from the 'liberal' (that is LEFTIST, Socialist¬oriented) schools, after long-time exposure to the Socialist IDEOLOGY, have already created an atmosphere in the U.S. judicial system whereby “underprivileged” criminals are treated as a “victims” of the “cruel American society,” and the real victim (the law-abiding society) is turned into defenseless and very underprivileged citizens and taxpayers, PAYING for a comparatively comfortable life of the criminal in or outside prison. The result is as predictable as it is desirable for the subverter: MISTRUST of the American population towards their own judicial and law-enforcement system, and people demanding harsher punishments and stricter CONTROLS in order to fight crime. And what could be better than Soviet or Communist-type control? Even your 'liberal' media claims that there is no street crime in Moscow and no drug problem in the USSR.
Let's back up a minute and examine each of these structures and how leftist thought has infiltrated each one:
1. Judicial and Law-enforcement system
FDR famously called the judges on the Supreme Court, "those nine old men", because they weren't convinced that the New Deal programs were at all constitutional. Those nine old men were probably our last line of defense, protecting us from the ungodly entitlement system that is crippling our nation today. These old men had gone to law school before Soviet Revolution. Back then, it was anarchists that were the big counter cultural group threatening America. So let's look at this last court before the era of massive federal programs and entitlements. With the exception of one justice, the entire court had been appointed by Republican presidents of yore. They all attended law school in the 1870s and 1880s and were strict interpreters--you wouldn't catch them calling the Constitution a "living document." Riding the wave of populism, and "not letting a crisis go to waste", FDR packed the court with his people. I'm not going to go on and on about it, as volumes on this subject have already been written.
The FDR Supreme Court paved the way for the more liberal Warren court, which presided over the Bible being removed from schools, and by proxy, public discourse. The progressivism that Woodrow Wilson extolled, and remember FDR was in his cabinet, metastasized into the New Deal. That progressivism wasn't at all based on the original American ideal that God gives us our inalienable rights, but that human intellect can solve problems if just the right programs are implemented with the right people collaborating at the right time. You know the special people who are smart and have pieces of paper telling them that they are smart. This train of thought gave us our current education and monetary systems. Go read an Andrew Napolitano book to learn more about the judicial system being co-opted by radicals. As far as law enforcement goes, what do you think the founding father's would think of declaring a war on drugs after our experiment with alcohol prohibition didn't go so well? Check out this Reason post on the increasing militarization of law enforcement.
2. Public organizations and institutions dealing with RELATIONS between individuals, groups and classes of the society - There's so many non-profits advocating, supposedly, for the "poor", you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. These organizations might disguise themselves as charities, but are leftist political groups underneath. CAIR is an example of an organization dealing with the relationship between
3. Security and defense organs- There's something amiss in our nation's security, when a large swath of our officials do not want to secure our borders. Why? Because they are globalists. They pine for reduced sovereignty, eventually leading to a global government. Political correctness is rampant in the military and seems to be put at a higher priority than the mission of protecting our citizens. This is classic subversion at work.
4. Internal political parties and groups- There is no end to the non-profit goody-two-shoes out there. This would include ACORN, unions, anyone who is in a group calling themselves an "activist."
5. Foreign policy formulating bodies both governmental and non-governmental (“think-tanks,” academia, “sovietology advisors” etc.)- There are more of these groups than ever before. George Soros funds his fair share of leftists think tanks i.e. Media Matters, MoveOn.org. We also have those wonderful foundations: Carnegie, Ford, and Rockefeller, which have been working to make a more manageable society for over 100 years now.
Since we are so far removed from our roots as a righteous, God-fearing people, our laws are now more legislative, and not so moral. Good law should be rooted in morality, that idea expounded upon in "Mere Christianity", that there is a natural law in this world. In our postmodern environment, where morality is not discussed publicly because it has been demoralized away, we see that our laws being passed are very arbitrary in their moral foundation, and the population is too busy with their mass culture to notice or care. It reminds me of the prophet Jeremiah, who knew that destruction was coming to Jerusalem and no one would listen to him, they were too busy with their happy-go-lucky lives.
The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
Note: All Bezmenov quotes are from his pamphlet, "Love Letter to America" h/t Useless Dissident