Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Let's Get Icelandic!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it is time for a move--
    I understand that the climate in Iceland is not bad!
    and - based on your post- there is economic freedom!
    Carol-CS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent checked that out personally, but they've got to be doing something right for not rolling over for these giant banks.

      Delete
  2. They took the money they would have thrown at the banks and invested in their own people. That's why it's working. That's why you won't hear about it on Fox, MSNBC, CBS, Clear Channel or any other corporate infotainment channel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails