Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rule 5 Sunday

 SAVE MOSAB YOUSEF - HE'S YOUR FRIEND!

Maggie's Notebook illustrates the Courage of Mosab. Now is the time to contact Homeland Security, your Congressman, and Senators about this outrage. Save Mosab Yousef devoted to supporting our brother in Christ. Check out Yousef's own page, Son of Hamas for inspiring videos and much more!

The Other McCain reports on ominous developments in the Gerald Walpin saga. Now the whole country can experience a "Southern Cooking" in the courtroom!

Another Black Conservative has an angle on the whole suing Arizona for following the law thing.

Bread Upon the Waters has the latest on Obama Oil Incompetence.

Meanwhile, The Lonely Conservative has video of our President hard at work.

Washington Rebel takes Peggy Noonan to the woodshed over her ditsy "snakebit" essay.

Well, it would seem our world is rapidly descending out of control, exactly as prophesied by the Lord Jesus.
Nobody can say it like the Statesman Quartet:
(There is a better version, but I can't find it.)



I've told all my troubles goodbye,
Goodbye to each tear and each sigh.
This world where I roam cannot be my home,
I'm bound for that home in the sky.
I walk and I talk with my Lord,
I feast every day on His word,
Heaven is near and I can't stay here
Goodbye world, goodbye.

I won't have the blues anymore
When I step across to that shore.
And I'll never pine for I'll leave behind
My heartaches and cares ever more.
A day maybe two then goodbye,
Goodbye to each sorrow and sigh.
Heaven is near and I can't stay here,
Goodbye world, goodbye.

Now don't you weep for me when I'm gone
For I won't have to leave here alone.
And when I hear that last trumpet sound
My feet won't stay on the ground.
I'm gonna rise with a shout, gonna fly,
Gonna rise with my Lord in the sky.
Heaven is near and I can't stay here,
Goodbye world, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails