Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Getting Rid of Your TV- With a Vengeance

I have cut the cord on cable and satellite, but still have my TVs. I still found this entertaining, though. When your Sunday needs some spicy preaching:




And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. - Matt 5:29-30

TV's are less painful to cut up because their not attached to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails