Although the women of the United States are confined within the narrow circle of domestic life, and their situation is, in some respects, one of extreme dependence, I have nowhere seen woman occupying a loftier position; and if I were asked... in which I have spoken of so many important things done by Americans, to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply, To the superiority of their women.

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Confession is Good for the Soul

Here is an interview with John Perkins, the "economic hitman" who spills his guts on how corporations and the government work together to expand the invisible empire that most Americans don't even realize exists. Mr. Perkins relates what happens to men of integrity in the Third World who stand up to this syndicate - they usually die in an "accident". He also explains how this "system" uses people's weaknesses to control them, always tempting them power and money. This interview is pretty lengthy, but it's better time spent than listening to talk radio or the news channels, because you will actually learn something new. I hope to be able to read his book, "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" one of these days. Elements of his story are similar to Gen. Smedley Butler's War is a Racket:
For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.


I'm finding these testimonies from those who were in this S.P.E.C.T.R.E ish fascist crime syndicate revealing and interesting. Maybe that's because everything I read and hear in the conservative media just doesn't explain the world I'm actually seeing. Liberals are baaad, baa, baa. I get that, but that doesn't explain the situtaion we find ourselves in. People are busy and just want to be told which group to be against, and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. They know which trees they don't like, but are unable to see the big picture. We discussed this in the subversion study. Oh well, check out this interview and tell me what you think!








Update: I found a 2 minute video that summarizes the above interview in cute cartoon format.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. That's what I think. Just ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they operate in tandem with our politicians (i.e., buy off to push through policies favorable to them). What a tangled web--as you have shown so many times before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything's so messed up, thankful that the Lord is coming soon to sort it all out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails